Thursday, August 25, 2011
Turns out this is from 'Ard Boyz a few weeks back. The army consisted of lots of Grey Hunters and Long Fangs joined by Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour and led by Logan Grimnar -all on foot.
Apparently there were just too many of them to kill.
We've talked about footslogging Space Wolves in the past, but never really tried it out for ourselves. We've been too content to hide our Space Wolves inside Rhino transports and drive forward, firing smoke launchers.
The thing is, a Rhino costs 35pts. So buy ditching the Rhino, your 7-man Grey Hunter packs (led by a Wolf Guard of course) go up to 9-man. Then for another 15pts you can buy 1 more Grey Hunter, giving you a free special weapon.
So overall you're spending 10pts on an 11th model with a special weapon in exchange for ditching your transport. Will those 3 models make much of a difference when it comes to taking casualties as you run across the board though?
Personally, I just see the army being slow and getting shot a lot. But when you pitch it against other Marine lists, which tend to drive down your throat at high speed...can you drown them in sheer weight of numbers?
But let's not forget that Logan Grimnar leads this mob of Space Wolves. That means he can sit back, giving Tank Hunter to some Long Fangs to pop any nasty tanks, before moving forward and using his High King ability to give all Space Wolf packs in 18" +1 attack for the turn. Combine that with Counter Charge and Wolf Standard and your opponent will realise it's best to let sleeping wolves lie. Or to just shoot them from afar.
Anyway, have you run a footslogging Space Wolves list lately? And how did you get on?
- army lists
- battle reports
- Bjorn the Fell Handed
- blood claws
- Canis Wolfborn
- drop pods
- fenrisian wolves
- grey hunters
- iron priest
- land raider
- land speeders
- Logan Grimnar
- lone wolf
- long fangs
- Lukas the Trickster
- Njal Stormcaller
- pre heresy
- Ragnar Blackmane
- rune priest
- space hulk
- space wolves
- Ulrik The Slayer
- wolf guard
- wolf lord
- wolf priest
- wolf scouts
- ► 2013 ( 51 )
- ► 2012 ( 71 )
- Wolf and Sister Part 22
- Killswitch's ETC Report Part 1
- Logan Grimnar Tactics
- The Best Space Wolves Army List?
- Footslogging Space Wolves
- Wolf and Sister Part 21
- Brad's BOTCH: Wolves Vs Nurgle CSM
- Adam's BOTCH: Spaces Wolves VS Space Wolves
- Killswitch Is Off To The ETC
- Wolf and Sister Part 20
- Brad's BOTCH: Space Wolves Vs Space Wolves (again)...
- Guns Don't Kill People, Power Fists Do!
- Wolf and Sister Part 19
- Brad's BOTCH: Space Wolves Vs White Scars
- Adam's BOTCH: Spaces Wolves VS Sisters of Battle
- Wolf and Sister Part 18
- Brad's BOTCH: Space Wolves Vs Deathwing (Traitors)...
- Adam's BOTCH: Spaces Wolves VS World Eaters
- ▼ August ( 18 )
- ► 2010 ( 207 )
The Ultimate Space Wolves Resource
Welcome to the Space Wolves blog -the unofficial resource to building, painting and playing the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40K.
We aim to provide you with all the painting guides, modelling tutorials and game winning tactics you need to get the most from playing your Space Wolf army!
- Space Wolves Thunderwolf Army List
- 1500pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves GT army
- Space Wolves Escalation Army List
- Space Wolves & Imperial Guard Horde
- Cheap Space Wolves army
- Space Wolves Footsloggger Army List
- Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
- Space Wolves Missile Spam Army List
- Space Wolves Mechanised Army List
- Logan Grimnar Tactics
- Ragnar Blackmane Tactics
- Njal Stormcaller Tactics
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Tactics
- Canis Wolfborn Tactics
- Ulrik The Slayer Tactics
- Arjac Rockfist Tactics
- Lukas the Trickster Tactics
- Wolf Lord Tactics
- Rune Priest Tactics
- Wolf Priest Tactics
- Wolf Guard Battle Leader Tactics
- Wolfguard Tactics
- Dreadnought Tactics
- Iron Priest Tactics
- Wolf Scouts Tactics
- Lone Wolf Tactics
- Grey Hunter Tactics
- Blood Claws Tactics
- Thunderwolf Cavalry Guide
- Swift Claw Biker Guide
- Skyclaw Tactics
- Fenrisian Wolf Tactics
- Long Fangs Tactics
- Land Speeder Tactics
- Whirlwind Tactics
- Predator Tactics
- Vindicator Tactics
- Land Raider Tactics
- How to Paint Space Wolves by Adam
- Painting Space Wolves by Dave
- How to Paint Wolf Fur Cloaks by Dave
- How to Paint Space Wolf Faces by Dave
- Wolf Scouts Conversions
- Space Wolf Character Conversions
- Space Wolves Dreadnought Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion Guide
- How to Make Combi-Meltas
- How to Make Combi-Plasmas
- How to Flock Models
- How to Magnetize a Predator Tank
- How to Make Pre Heresy Space Wolves