Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Space Wolves Summer Siesta

7:00 PM by Adam Smith ·
The Space Wolves Blog is going to be taking it easy this summer. I don't know about you guys, but it's just too damn hot to paint. We don't have air conditioning here in the UK and to be honest, we're used to it constantly raining. So the chance to actually wear some sandals and get out in the sunshine is a real treat!

Unfortunately, I'm stuck indoors working on my bathroom. And while I'm doing that, I have to crash at my folk's place because...well, I have no bathroom at the moment.

But don't worry, the Space Wolves blog isn't going away for the summer. Instead we're cutting down the number of weekly posts while sticking with a big Space Wolves battle report every Friday.

I'm doing my best to write up one of my games from Battle Of The Chumps every week. Meanwhile, I was lucky enough to play a couple of games on Sunday evening against Alex Ley's brutal Blood Angels army in all their spray painted, bright red glory. To be honest, they're not that tough...unless they charge you!

Stay tuned for more bloody battle reports from the Space Wolves blog every Friday, with the occassional article thrown in for good measure.

8 comments :

MJayC50 - Mike said...
July 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM

No probs matey. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Dont be afraid to ask some of us to help out if you need it. We are all followers of the wolf!

with the blog. not your bathroom. I can lurk well but my tiling is awful...

Adam said...
July 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Cheers mate!

Well, if ANYONE want to contribute, please get in touch!

The doors are open to all follower's of the wolf :)

MJayC50 - Mike said...
July 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Cool :D Maybe I can do some batreps for my space wolves at the ETC in august. See how the Space wikings get on in at the biggest stage of them all :D
(Probably tabled every game lol!)

I just did an interview for the 11th company regarding my wolf list and the upcoming ETC - I will keep you posted on 'air dates' but if you dont listen to them, they are some cracking guys with good ideas - and most importantly civil (other US casts can be crude and full of bollocks after all)

fyrdrakkar said...
July 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Hey Adam,

By all means take it slow man, god knows you've earnt it this summer. The blog has been an invaluable source to me as a new guy (not to the fiction of warhammer, but to playing the game.)

I put some slide on my blog of my first ever attempt at painting a model (Wolf Guard Battle Leader) Id appreciate you letting me know what you think. Just click on my name =)

Adam said...
July 15, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Looking good frydrakkkar! Be careful how many of the bright colours you combine on the shoulder pads though. black, yellow and red is a bit overpowering. Might be better to pain the wolf head on his right shoulder Gold instead.

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...
July 15, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Your blog is an inspiration for a rising Blood Claw like me! :) It's a siesta well deserved, but any posts will be appreciated as always! I always get excited when you write in this blog and felt kind of saddened when I saw that blog posts will be slow this summer.

Robert said...
July 15, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Ditto, it's kitkat time. Love the site and keep finding myself coming back again and again, especially for your tactics - very well written. Finally found some gamers near where I live who are talking about a summer mini-tournament, have mention Battle of the Chumps and it looks like this could be the format we will be taking.

All the best and although you deserve a break get the tiling done quickly and keep posting

DGC

young pup said...
July 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Thanks guys for all the work you do, as a young pup my dogs are now 6-1 against my friend who used to pound on me with CSM. By the way good luck with the bathroom, we just did ours here, I know how much it can suck.

The Ultimate Space Wolves Resource

Welcome to the Space Wolves blog -the unofficial resource to building, painting and playing the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40K.


We aim to provide you with all the painting guides, modelling tutorials and game winning tactics you need to get the most from playing your Space Wolf army!



space wolves army lists Coming Soon:
  • Space Wolves Footsloggger Army List
  • Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
  • Space Wolves Missile Spam Army List
  • Space Wolves Mechanised Army List

Wolf Brothers

Recommended Warhammer 40K Blogs

Related Posts with Thumbnails