Monday, July 26, 2010

Space Wolves at Toy Soldier

Toy Soldier has been and gone and lots of fun was had by all especially for the Sons of Russ. Overall I came 11th place after a gruelling battle against Nids on table 3 last off but I did take the best Sportsman award in the end.

There were 40 players in total and all I can say that the Sons of Russ and Sanguinious were out in force with 16 armies. Every other table had Power Armour of some sort on it with around 24 armies being a marine army.

Toy Soldier was held over two days with 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. For those who don't know Toy Soldier was a 1750 tournament with two custom missions and missions from the rule book.

I had a tough weekend pulling Blood Angels for first game and managed to pull a draw out of a potential loss. This must have slowed my momentum as I went on to get 2 more draws to finish off the first day.

My Second day started better after I got a victory against Imperial Guard which sent me into the top ten at which point I faced off against the Tyranids and unfortunately lost my last battle after probably one of the most bloody battles I have ever fought!

As I have already said there was a lot of Space Wolf armies around and to be honest I did not manage to get round and have a look at them all. Some were painted and were not but one that caught my eye was the Space Wolf army of Iain Miller.

Iain was running a Mech Force led by a Thunder Lord with 4 Thunder wolf cavalry using the Thunderwolves from Mr Dandy. I have never seen these models up close and I was really impressed with them even more so by Iains really nice paint job.



I spoke with Iain after the tourney and was surprised to find out he was a Space Wolves Blog fan and is a regular visitor to the site!

Now that I have had some sleep I'll start working on my battle reports to be posted in upcoming weeks after Adam finishes his BOTCH battle reports.

3 comments :

Big Jim said...
July 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Congrats on winning the Sportsmanship award, I would expect no less from a Son of Russ.

Well unless it was against the Dark Angels, then all bets are off. Cause those robe wearing, sons of the kitty deserve whatever they get!

LOL,

Jim

Marshal Wilhelm said...
July 27, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Well done on the Sportsmanship award - enjoying your opponents *should* be part of the game.

Interesting to see Iain fielding SW with red - I think yellow is seeing some backlash! ~ lol

*commences waiting for batreps*

Maxim Drozd said...
July 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Good job on the award mate!

Love your army list - seems very balanced and at the same time versatile. That made me think of building my own Long Fangs pack with missile launchers. Where's a good place on the Net to acquire some?

Cheers

The Ultimate Space Wolves Resource

Welcome to the Space Wolves blog -the unofficial resource to building, painting and playing the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40K.


We aim to provide you with all the painting guides, modelling tutorials and game winning tactics you need to get the most from playing your Space Wolf army!



space wolves army lists Coming Soon:
  • Space Wolves Footsloggger Army List
  • Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
  • Space Wolves Missile Spam Army List
  • Space Wolves Mechanised Army List

Wolf Brothers

Recommended Warhammer 40K Blogs

Related Posts with Thumbnails