Monday, July 26, 2010
There were 40 players in total and all I can say that the Sons of Russ and Sanguinious were out in force with 16 armies. Every other table had Power Armour of some sort on it with around 24 armies being a marine army.
Toy Soldier was held over two days with 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. For those who don't know Toy Soldier was a 1750 tournament with two custom missions and missions from the rule book.
I had a tough weekend pulling Blood Angels for first game and managed to pull a draw out of a potential loss. This must have slowed my momentum as I went on to get 2 more draws to finish off the first day.
My Second day started better after I got a victory against Imperial Guard which sent me into the top ten at which point I faced off against the Tyranids and unfortunately lost my last battle after probably one of the most bloody battles I have ever fought!
As I have already said there was a lot of Space Wolf armies around and to be honest I did not manage to get round and have a look at them all. Some were painted and were not but one that caught my eye was the Space Wolf army of Iain Miller.
Iain was running a Mech Force led by a Thunder Lord with 4 Thunder wolf cavalry using the Thunderwolves from Mr Dandy. I have never seen these models up close and I was really impressed with them even more so by Iains really nice paint job.
I spoke with Iain after the tourney and was surprised to find out he was a Space Wolves Blog fan and is a regular visitor to the site!
Now that I have had some sleep I'll start working on my battle reports to be posted in upcoming weeks after Adam finishes his BOTCH battle reports.
- army lists
- battle reports
- Bjorn the Fell Handed
- blood claws
- Canis Wolfborn
- drop pods
- fenrisian wolves
- grey hunters
- iron priest
- land raider
- land speeders
- Logan Grimnar
- lone wolf
- long fangs
- Lukas the Trickster
- Njal Stormcaller
- pre heresy
- Ragnar Blackmane
- rune priest
- space hulk
- space wolves
- Ulrik The Slayer
- wolf guard
- wolf lord
- wolf priest
- wolf scouts
- ► 2013 ( 51 )
- ► 2012 ( 71 )
- ► 2011 ( 174 )
- Tyranids VS Space Wolves -Botch 4 of 6
- Space Wolves at Toy Soldier
- Space Wolves 13th Company VS Space Wolves -Botch 3...
- Toy Soldier 2010
- Forge World is at it again!
- 13th Company Space Wolves
- More Marine armor variants from Forge World
- Ultramarines VS Space Wolves -Botch 2 of 6
- Space Wolves Summer Siesta
- Propero Burns Preview
- Plastic Thunderwolf Conversions Comin' Up!
- Prospero Burns Finished!
- Eldar VS Space Wolves -Botch 1 of 6
- Friendly 40K Tournaments
- Decals: Tips n' Tricks
- ▼ July ( 16 )
The Ultimate Space Wolves Resource
Welcome to the Space Wolves blog -the unofficial resource to building, painting and playing the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40K.
We aim to provide you with all the painting guides, modelling tutorials and game winning tactics you need to get the most from playing your Space Wolf army!
- Space Wolves Thunderwolf Army List
- 1500pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves GT army
- Space Wolves Escalation Army List
- Space Wolves & Imperial Guard Horde
- Cheap Space Wolves army
- Space Wolves Footsloggger Army List
- Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
- Space Wolves Missile Spam Army List
- Space Wolves Mechanised Army List
- Logan Grimnar Tactics
- Ragnar Blackmane Tactics
- Njal Stormcaller Tactics
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Tactics
- Canis Wolfborn Tactics
- Ulrik The Slayer Tactics
- Arjac Rockfist Tactics
- Lukas the Trickster Tactics
- Wolf Lord Tactics
- Rune Priest Tactics
- Wolf Priest Tactics
- Wolf Guard Battle Leader Tactics
- Wolfguard Tactics
- Dreadnought Tactics
- Iron Priest Tactics
- Wolf Scouts Tactics
- Lone Wolf Tactics
- Grey Hunter Tactics
- Blood Claws Tactics
- Thunderwolf Cavalry Guide
- Swift Claw Biker Guide
- Skyclaw Tactics
- Fenrisian Wolf Tactics
- Long Fangs Tactics
- Land Speeder Tactics
- Whirlwind Tactics
- Predator Tactics
- Vindicator Tactics
- Land Raider Tactics
- How to Paint Space Wolves by Adam
- Painting Space Wolves by Dave
- How to Paint Wolf Fur Cloaks by Dave
- How to Paint Space Wolf Faces by Dave
- Wolf Scouts Conversions
- Space Wolf Character Conversions
- Space Wolves Dreadnought Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion Guide
- How to Make Combi-Meltas
- How to Make Combi-Plasmas
- How to Flock Models
- How to Magnetize a Predator Tank
- How to Make Pre Heresy Space Wolves
Recommended Warhammer 40K Blogs
40K Battle Brothers Tournament - Day Two Battle Reports - After a poor start to the first day we pulled things back to give us a decent score of 23 VPs (out of a possible 31). Not perfect by any means but with a c...4 hours ago
The Drawing Board: Concepts for Conversions and How I Approach a Project Initially - TJ here and you are all either going to love or hate this post because it is filled with a bunch of crappy doodle I have been making in my notebooks duri...1 day ago
Breaking the Silence- Skirmish game List - Decided I needed to break the silence on this blog. I think the reasons why it has become so silent are addressed in this post. For the past 6 years, I ...7 months ago
Chaos Marine Chosen Finished and a happy new year! - Finally found time to get these guys posted up on here. I actually finished these off just before Christmas and sent them off with the Custodes to Sandy ...7 months ago