Wednesday, July 21, 2010
In my third game at the Battle Of The Chumps, I was drawn against James McGlough who was working on a stunning 13th Company Space Wolves force complete with dramatic poses, ferocious conversions and even a Wolf Lord riding a Chaos Knight horse!
So I took some snaps and chatted to James about his army.
As someone who liked the Space Wolves playing style, but loved the look of a rag tag Chaos Marines army, the Space Wolves 13th company was the perfect blend of both.
James' paint scheme was relatively quick and easy, comprising of an Adeptus Battle Grey basecoat, Macherite Red red bits, Boltgun Metal silver boots, Dwarf Bronze gold bits and a Badab Black wash. Then he'd quickly paint highlights in a lighter grey. Job done!
All of his conversions were a simple blend of Chaos Marines and Space Wolves with his Grey Hunters all holding bolt guns and close combat weapons.
To keep things quick, he'd also neglected to paint all the Space Wolf trims and details in gold or silver, keeping them grey with a highlight instead.
Even though he'd only been base coated, I was particularly fond of his Wolf Lord riding a Thunderwolf (thunderhorse).
The photo I've taken really doesn't do his conversion justice and it's amazing just how good a Space Wolf terminator looks riding a Chaos Knight horse.
As the Space Wolves gallery was still up at Warhammer World, I took some snaps during my lunch break and spotted a Bulveye 'axeman of Russ' conversion leading the studio Space Wolf 13th Company army.
You can clearly see Space Wolf termminator legs, power armour torso, Blood Angel arms and wrist mounted pistol as well as a standard Space Marine bare head (with green stuff beard) and Space Wolves frost axe.
I'm tempted to try something similar for the plastic Ragnar Blackmane conversion I've been planning for months.
Stay tuned for this week's battle report as my Space Wolves take on James' 13th Company Space Wolves in a 1500 points game. -It's gonna be bloody!
- army lists
- battle reports
- Bjorn the Fell Handed
- blood claws
- Canis Wolfborn
- drop pods
- fenrisian wolves
- grey hunters
- iron priest
- land raider
- land speeders
- Logan Grimnar
- lone wolf
- long fangs
- Lukas the Trickster
- Njal Stormcaller
- pre heresy
- Ragnar Blackmane
- rune priest
- space hulk
- space wolves
- Ulrik The Slayer
- wolf guard
- wolf lord
- wolf priest
- wolf scouts
- ► 2013 ( 51 )
- ► 2012 ( 71 )
- ► 2011 ( 174 )
- Tyranids VS Space Wolves -Botch 4 of 6
- Space Wolves at Toy Soldier
- Space Wolves 13th Company VS Space Wolves -Botch 3...
- Toy Soldier 2010
- Forge World is at it again!
- 13th Company Space Wolves
- More Marine armor variants from Forge World
- Ultramarines VS Space Wolves -Botch 2 of 6
- Space Wolves Summer Siesta
- Propero Burns Preview
- Plastic Thunderwolf Conversions Comin' Up!
- Prospero Burns Finished!
- Eldar VS Space Wolves -Botch 1 of 6
- Friendly 40K Tournaments
- Decals: Tips n' Tricks
- ▼ July ( 16 )
The Ultimate Space Wolves Resource
Welcome to the Space Wolves blog -the unofficial resource to building, painting and playing the Space Wolf army in Warhammer 40K.
We aim to provide you with all the painting guides, modelling tutorials and game winning tactics you need to get the most from playing your Space Wolf army!
- Space Wolves Thunderwolf Army List
- 1500pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves army (beginners)
- 1750pts Space Wolves GT army
- Space Wolves Escalation Army List
- Space Wolves & Imperial Guard Horde
- Cheap Space Wolves army
- Space Wolves Footsloggger Army List
- Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
- Space Wolves Missile Spam Army List
- Space Wolves Mechanised Army List
- Logan Grimnar Tactics
- Ragnar Blackmane Tactics
- Njal Stormcaller Tactics
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Tactics
- Canis Wolfborn Tactics
- Ulrik The Slayer Tactics
- Arjac Rockfist Tactics
- Lukas the Trickster Tactics
- Wolf Lord Tactics
- Rune Priest Tactics
- Wolf Priest Tactics
- Wolf Guard Battle Leader Tactics
- Wolfguard Tactics
- Dreadnought Tactics
- Iron Priest Tactics
- Wolf Scouts Tactics
- Lone Wolf Tactics
- Grey Hunter Tactics
- Blood Claws Tactics
- Thunderwolf Cavalry Guide
- Swift Claw Biker Guide
- Skyclaw Tactics
- Fenrisian Wolf Tactics
- Long Fangs Tactics
- Land Speeder Tactics
- Whirlwind Tactics
- Predator Tactics
- Vindicator Tactics
- Land Raider Tactics
- How to Paint Space Wolves by Adam
- Painting Space Wolves by Dave
- How to Paint Wolf Fur Cloaks by Dave
- How to Paint Space Wolf Faces by Dave
- Wolf Scouts Conversions
- Space Wolf Character Conversions
- Space Wolves Dreadnought Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion
- Bjorn the Fell Handed Conversion Guide
- How to Make Combi-Meltas
- How to Make Combi-Plasmas
- How to Flock Models
- How to Magnetize a Predator Tank
- How to Make Pre Heresy Space Wolves
Recommended Warhammer 40K Blogs
40K Battle Brothers Tournament - Day One Battle Reports - We're starting to lose count of the times we've been to Battle Brothers (formerly Doubles) now. It isn't without its faults but generally speaking the atm...10 hours ago
The Drawing Board: Concepts for Conversions and How I Approach a Project Initially - TJ here and you are all either going to love or hate this post because it is filled with a bunch of crappy doodle I have been making in my notebooks duri...14 hours ago
Breaking the Silence- Skirmish game List - Decided I needed to break the silence on this blog. I think the reasons why it has become so silent are addressed in this post. For the past 6 years, I ...7 months ago
Chaos Marine Chosen Finished and a happy new year! - Finally found time to get these guys posted up on here. I actually finished these off just before Christmas and sent them off with the Custodes to Sandy ...7 months ago